In A World Alone
All alone I came into this world,
All alone I sink into the waves at sea,
The tides wash away each sin that has been hurled,
doing away with what's buried deep within me.
All alone, the sand buries all my pain,
diminishing all depression, heart breaks, abuse,
and love given or taken in vain!
Alone-many years I've searched for you,
wondering, did anyone ever really care!
Alone-never knowing what it meant to be one of two!
Alone in this world, I roamed as a mummy,
humans laughing and mocking my emotions.
People often called me-Your little dummy!
In a world all alone, I am no more!
Alone I walk in the light;
that, leads straight to Heavens door!
In a world alone-I Am No More!
Kelley Collins's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In A World Alone by Kelley Collins )
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)