In Honour of Mr. C
My favourite teacher, Mr. C -
He was as funny as one can be.
Maths lessons were really fun;
in every challenge, I always won.
Mr. C was mad on Science;
He liked to drone on and on.
But we never really cared because
by the time he finished, we'd gone!
English lessons weren't so good -
We didn't do what I wished we would.
Just lots of drafting, it's really quite bad.
We did so much, it drove me mad!
My favourite part of the lively days
were the PE lessons we had.
We played so many sports - when the lesson ended,
the whole class became really sad.
So there's my teacher on the whole.
In my school he played a big role.
I liked him and he liked me;
I'm sure you'd have liked Mr. C.
Shannon Atherton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Honour of Mr. C by Shannon Atherton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- अब भूल जाना है दिल की सुनना - ab bhul ja.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Himself a PoetSittng, Daniel Brick
- Losing the Touch, Kim Barney
- [ABC]Watch Pretty Little Liars Season 5 .., Renz Barns
- Australia Day - 26 January 2015, Danny Draper
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss