In Low Hopes
We live and breathe words in this world which we share,
It was books that made me feel that perhaps.
I was not completely alone in my life,
And it was a truth which i later realized.
They could be honest with me, and I with them,
I dreamed for something in my life.
Before which I always wished should come true,
Reading my words, what I wrote.
How you were lonely sometimes and afraid,
But always brave; the way you saw the world.
Its colors and textures and sounds,
I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt.
I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you,
I dreamed what you dreamed,
Want what you wanted and then I realized that truly,
I just wanted you.
Falling in love is very real,
But I used to shake my head when people talked about soul mates. Poor deluded individuals grasping at some supernatural ideal,
Not intended for mortals but sounded pretty in a poetry book.
Then, we met, and everything changed,
The cynic has become the converted.
the skeptic, an ardent happiness,
You brought love and life in a circumstance of low hopes.
Anish Chouhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Low Hopes by Anish Chouhan )
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
- An Unborn Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 43: When most I wink, then do min.., William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)