In Low Hopes
We live and breathe words in this world which we share,
It was books that made me feel that perhaps.
I was not completely alone in my life,
And it was a truth which i later realized.
They could be honest with me, and I with them,
I dreamed for something in my life.
Before which I always wished should come true,
Reading my words, what I wrote.
How you were lonely sometimes and afraid,
But always brave; the way you saw the world.
Its colors and textures and sounds,
I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt.
I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you,
I dreamed what you dreamed,
Want what you wanted and then I realized that truly,
I just wanted you.
Falling in love is very real,
But I used to shake my head when people talked about soul mates. Poor deluded individuals grasping at some supernatural ideal,
Not intended for mortals but sounded pretty in a poetry book.
Then, we met, and everything changed,
The cynic has become the converted.
the skeptic, an ardent happiness,
You brought love and life in a circumstance of low hopes.
Anish Chouhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Low Hopes by Anish Chouhan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- AS LONG AS AGGRESSION GOES ON, THEN PEOP.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Timeless Aging Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CUPS AND LUMPS, maqsood hasni
- How can i be against Marriage?, Anand Vivek
- Thoughts Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Genuine Soulmate, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- DON'T BE WORRIED, maqsood hasni
- Choice still in hand, maqsood hasni
- No Understanding Of Fate, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थुनलाइ सोरजिनि, Ronjoy Brahma