In Pursuit of Worship
As the deer pants after the water brook
So does my soul long after you, Lord.
In pursuit of being in your very presence
And to live this life you have given me by your holy word
My heart’s desire is to be one after your own heart
As I dwell in this life anew.
Knowing that every part of my life, and the style in which I live it
Is all a part of worshipping you.
I hide your Word deep in the wells of my heart
So that I will not sin against thee.
But, somehow this desperately wicked part of my being
Never ceases to deceive me.
Oh Lord, my Lord hear my humble cry
As I seek your everlasting mercy.
I know I don’t deserve it, but I beseech you, my precious Father
Please don’t take your spirit from me.
I will sing, I will shout, I will study, I will pray
Whatever it takes is what I will do
But, I declare that I will never give up as long as I shall live
In pursuit of worshipping you.
Deidre Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Pursuit of Worship by Deidre Blair )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(18 June 1945)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Happy Birthday Lord, Ron Baratono
- I Truly Do, Michael P. McParland
- I Still Love You, Michael P. McParland
- I Pray For You, Michael P. McParland
- Pangako, Jesus James Llorico
- I Only Have Eyes, Michael P. McParland
- Jessica Dances, Eleanor Farjeon
- I Need Your Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- I Need You (More Than You Know), Michael P. McParland
- Dance, Mary Carolyn Davies