In Pursuit of Worship
As the deer pants after the water brook
So does my soul long after you, Lord.
In pursuit of being in your very presence
And to live this life you have given me by your holy word
My heart’s desire is to be one after your own heart
As I dwell in this life anew.
Knowing that every part of my life, and the style in which I live it
Is all a part of worshipping you.
I hide your Word deep in the wells of my heart
So that I will not sin against thee.
But, somehow this desperately wicked part of my being
Never ceases to deceive me.
Oh Lord, my Lord hear my humble cry
As I seek your everlasting mercy.
I know I don’t deserve it, but I beseech you, my precious Father
Please don’t take your spirit from me.
I will sing, I will shout, I will study, I will pray
Whatever it takes is what I will do
But, I declare that I will never give up as long as I shall live
In pursuit of worshipping you.
Deidre Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Pursuit of Worship by Deidre Blair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Barack Obama And His comprehension of In.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Calculated Etchings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charity, Self-control and Mercy, gajanan mishra
- To Win Your Man's Heart, Valsa George
- Duty breeds right, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Self-acceptance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Literate History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak