Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
In The Harbour: The Wine Of Jurançon. (From The French Of Charles Coran)
Little sweet wine of Jurançon,
You are dear to my memory still!
With mine host and his merry song,
Under the rose-tree I drank my fill.
Twenty years after, passing that way,
Under the trellis I found again
Mine host, still sitting there au frais,
And singing still the same refrain.
The Jurançon, so fresh and bold,
Treats me as one it used to know;
Souvenirs of the days of old
Already from the bottle flow,
With glass in hand our glances met;
We pledge, we drink. How sour it is
Never Argenteuil piquette
Was to my palate sour as this!
And yet the vintage was good, in sooth;
The self-same juice, the self-same cask!
It was you, O gayety of my youth,
That failed in the autumnal flask!
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Harbour: The Wine Of Jurançon. (From The French Of Charles Coran) by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow )
Did you read them?
- ‘Watch' is a Celebrity!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Please Listen to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dashalogue - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Crazy or Genius?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ신도림오피녀 ⓑ구로오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu3 sibngnu3
- The Surma River, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You and Me, RISHAD MKPNR
- A Walk in Midnight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Farewell to Love, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Soul mate, Kenneth Maswabi
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- November, Thomas Hood
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Letter from Italy, Joseph Addison
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 January 1820 – 28 May 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)