In times of madness
In times of madness,
Vote for the mad man,
When money's no good,
When religion won't get you through,
When cops are corrupt,
And the government too,
Vote for the madman.
He'll talk about blood,
And how to keep it pure,
With blood in the street,
He thinks we'll endure.
If thoughts are amiss,
Fix it with a fist,
Vote for the mad man.
It's happened in the past.
It will happen again,
When things fall apart,
You're gonna need a friend,
If he's rational, he can't help you now,
So... do it with a smile,
And vote for the madman.
Richard Jarboe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In times of madness by Richard Jarboe )
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Liffy Liu
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)