In times of madness
In times of madness,
Vote for the mad man,
When money's no good,
When religion won't get you through,
When cops are corrupt,
And the government too,
Vote for the madman.
He'll talk about blood,
And how to keep it pure,
With blood in the street,
He thinks we'll endure.
If thoughts are amiss,
Fix it with a fist,
Vote for the mad man.
It's happened in the past.
It will happen again,
When things fall apart,
You're gonna need a friend,
If he's rational, he can't help you now,
So... do it with a smile,
And vote for the madman.
Richard Jarboe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In times of madness by Richard Jarboe )
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
- ABOUT ABELA, Terry Collett
- Autumn Leave, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)