A dented spider like a snow drop white
On a white Heal-all, holding up a moth
Like a white piece of lifeless satin cloth -
Saw ever curious eye so strange a sight? -
Portent in little, assorted death and blight
Like the ingredients of a witches' broth? -
The beady spider, the flower like a froth,
And the moth carried like a paper kite.
What had that flower to do with being white,
The blue prunella every child's delight.
What brought the kindred spider to that height?
(Make we no thesis of the miller's plight.)
What but design of darkness and of night?
Design, design! Do I use the word aright?
Robert Frost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In White by Robert Frost )
Did you read them?
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai
- Beauty Rarely, Casey Renee Kiser
- Smiles, Shawn Montgomery
- Red is hot, gajanan mishra
- Darker BLues, Charles Hice
- Everything extraordinary, gajanan mishra
- Without Tear, Neela Nath
- Dogs and cats, gajanan mishra