In Your Eyes
Look at me, tell me what you see,
For in your eyes, I'm just a clown,
Always ready to put me down.
You critisise my every move,
But I have nothing to lose,
For I am me and you are you.
I don't deserve a medal,
Or a celebration cake,
Just a few kind words, now and then,
What a difference that would make.
I may be sentimental,
A dreamer at that,
But I see things for what they are,
Now what's wrong with that!
I believe in who I am, and what I do,
For I am me, and you are you.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Your Eyes by Jayne Davies )
Did you read them?
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle