Our forefathers sacrificed:
'Their Their Lives, Their Liberty,
and Their sacred Honor.
Our nation was born July 4,1775,
But the battles that they fought,
and their pledges they bravely made live onward to July 4,2013.
All over the world people are
fighting the battle over basic
human rights and the freedom of
religion and expression.
And that is why we should Thank God
for our Beloved Nation!
We freely salute Old Glory.
'Long may she wave, ' Over the
Land of the free and the home
of the brave! '
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka: Roxy54/October Country
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Everett, Washington. My fourth of July theme poems are amongst the most popular by my congreation.
There is an underlying reason for composing this poem, I was excersing my basic freedoms of religious expression that is currently allowed in the United States of America!
None the less, you do not have to be an American to desire your own freedoms!
Comments about this poem (Independance Day by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal