Our forefathers sacrificed:
'Their Their Lives, Their Liberty,
and Their sacred Honor.
Our nation was born July 4,1775,
But the battles that they fought,
and their pledges they bravely made live onward to July 4,2013.
All over the world people are
fighting the battle over basic
human rights and the freedom of
religion and expression.
And that is why we should Thank God
for our Beloved Nation!
We freely salute Old Glory.
'Long may she wave, ' Over the
Land of the free and the home
of the brave! '
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka: Roxy54/October Country
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Everett, Washington. My fourth of July theme poems are amongst the most popular by my congreation.
There is an underlying reason for composing this poem, I was excersing my basic freedoms of religious expression that is currently allowed in the United States of America!
None the less, you do not have to be an American to desire your own freedoms!
Comments about this poem (Independance Day by Roxanne Dubarry )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke