What happened to the boy I was?
Why did he run away?
And leave me old and thinking, like
There'd been no yesterday?
What happened then?
Was I that boy?
Who laughed and swam in the bund*
I there no going back?
Is there nothing?
Spike Milligan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Indian Boyhood by Spike Milligan )
- That Door, Vera Sidhwa
- Tonight a Star Fell, Tanja Bakic
- IF, Andrea Lopez
- I Shriveled Up In The Heart Of A Rose, Is It Poetry
- The last leaf, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Lonely Today Lonely Tomorrow, Katherine Nordhaus
- THE HOLLOW, Harold R Hunt Sr
- School days, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The quiet of the night, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I found god, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)