Mac Adrone Adonay
Is it wrong to fight for Truth?
Number of brave men decreases nowadays
As a teenager, I worry
O, what- what will happen to the human race
If falsehood widens like a sea?
From different countries
Still, it's hard to find peace
The evil empires rule and reign
I think of dark humanity
What will be the things men shall gain?
Long I stood and strive to fight and work for truth
But it takes pains and tears to win
I want to be an example to the youth
Even I am only fifteen
Ways of men are nasty
And there is tyranny
If I'll behave, if I'll not fight
It seems I committed a sin
For I did not do what is right
O, is it wrong to fight for truth, is it wrong?
I have a heart, soul, and eyes
And I saw that for justice- men wait so long!
Will we let cruelty rise?
Days are filled with changes
And chained by selfishness
Of all things that evil men made,
Is it hard to unveil the lies
We trembled, why we are afraid?
Crimes and robberies are almost everywhere
We're victims of the foolish creed
And like the vultures soaring on the wide air
Our thinkings were poisoned by greed
The 'moral standards' fade
O, is there any aid-
That can cleanse our hearts modestly,
That can produce a sprouting seed,
Making our dark minds think purely?
I look on the situations of my country
I may say that there's progression
But still, on the government the people see
That there are graft and corruption
If the help shall come, when?
Look on the street children
And feel the claws of poverty
Government, where is your action,
Can we help each other, can we? ?
Mac Adrone Adonay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Is it wrong to fight for Truth? by Mac Adrone Adonay )
- LIMERICK FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- Wine and Heart, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Sun Doth Shine, Tango Tango
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)