It Is Raining
It is raining,
Over the roof of my building,
Not inside the seal of our conscience.
Our conscience seal fear the rain
The rain is eternal and unceasing.
Yet, it doesn’t wet the ground,
The sounds are for farmers.
Listen, listen to the rhythm
Of the words of the rain,
It is raining all the day long,
Drops on the living,
Drops on the dead
Drops on the innocent
Drops on the guilty
It is raining very high
Every second minute and hour
When will it stop?
No body can say
The rain of crime -
The rain of false hood,
The rain of oppression.
Is it coming hard on you?
Will you arise to your defence?
Aha! I can hear you whisper, “No”
Why? When freedom is our wish.
When sunshine is our desire
I wish it is not raining on our future hopes.
The little innocent kids in the cradles.
It falls on the weathering dry leaves -
Yet, they are not revived
Is it not a mystery that it chose to breed its offspring.
Here in our planet earth?
Offsprings that lost our nation treasure.
The ones that sit on our promotions in offices.
The ones that want to remain rulers forever.
The ones that traffic our females to oversea countries for prostitution.
It is raining not drizzling.
It is raining not dropping.
It is raining now and will remain forever.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is Raining by CHIKA OGBONNA )
- yellow light turns green, Is It Poetry
- Tuesday, Kyle Costa
- Sleeping Machines, Kyle Costa
- In The Forest, stephen ifill
- We, The Moon Watchers, Kyle Costa
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)