It's A Disease
Prejudice is a disease.
Unlike deadly viruses;
West Nile and S.A.R.S
Prejudice does not harm you.
Prejudice is an alcohol,
that brain-washes you.
Makes you think some people
deserve less than you
because they are different.
Just because their skin colour is different
Or because they dress differently.
Maybe because of their differences in religion
or because of their difference in sexuality.
The truth is,
Prejudice may not be able to harm you,
But it is the deadliest disease that ever entered our planet.
It is this disease that gets people murdered,
and then some thrown in jail.
It is this disease that starts gangs against people who are different.
And it is this disease that has our world in a problem today.
So whatever you do,
Never let this disease into your body
or else you life will be gone-forever.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's A Disease by Niru Raj )
- discomfiture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Broken Lullabies, Spiritwind Wood
- For simple reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- بلادي الحزينة, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Best endevor, hasmukh amathalal
- لماذا أحب وجهكِ ؟, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Shadow Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Better Than You, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Taking From Us, Spiritwind Wood
- Father Son and Holy Ghost, Audre Lorde
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)