It’s A Shame
It’s a shame
I don’t care; do not; do not care.
Why should I England or U.K.?
It can be Britain, England or U.K.
All came by death of that empire
Ottoman ended so:
Trans-Jordan British protectorate
A Hashemite became protectorate
Of course, after Cairo Conference
Some Mandates; British Palestine
I know well my land was the prey
Jordan has Kingdom of Hashemite
Later on same kingdom called Iraq
Following the Treaty of Anglo-Iraq
Protectorate, again the Hashemites
This kingdom lost, in a coup d'état.
I know well of the war, the second
Claimant is the child of that Abram
Started skinning by killing Palestine
Oh I know, the British’s Hashemite
In Jordan a cousin; and other in Iraq
Story dragged on; USA and Reagan
Sending foxy Ramsey; a messenger
“Count on us our friend, H-Saddam”
Sending arms merciless cross border
“Bravo! Use all arms cold and warm”
So he killed from inside and outside
Death many in Tehran and Baghdad
Finally treaty to bring peace or calm
But wounded that tiger went to south
Britain and U.S. needed the crude oil
Child helped trick few friends; Mom
Attacking on Mesopotamia, Babylon
Iraqis lost their homes thanks to bomb
You locked doors to UK, did not take
Their wounded and homeless families,
Shame on you Britain-England or U.K.
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It’s A Shame by Nassy Fesharaki )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal