It's a sick day off
I said, ' I can't go to school today.'
Mom asked, ' Why can't you go son? '
' Well I have the flu and chicken pox. I need a warm cinnamon bun.'
'Eat a cinnamon bun, rest, and be ready for school tomorrow while rising with the sun.'
I said, ' I can't go to school like yesterday.'
Mom asked, ' Why not Nate? '
' I have the mumps and measles and I think it is because of what I ate.'
' Well you're going to miss you school debate.'
Mom said back, ' Go to rest and hopefully you can go to school tomorrow with your sister Kate.'
I said to Mom, ' I can't go to school like Tuesday.'
Mom asked, ' Why not my sweet boy? '
' I'm coughing and I got a headache also say I can't play today to my best friend Roy.'
' Go to bed dear child so you can go to school tomorrow with joy.'
I said, ' I can't go to school like Wednesday, Tuesday, and Monday.'
Mom asked, ' Why not lad.'
' I'm giddy, dizzy, and feeling pretty bad.'
' You must be feeling bad that's why I feel so sad.'
Mom said back, ' Rest now and it won't be so bad.'
I said, ' I can't go to school again today.'
Mom said, ' Don't worry there is no school today.'
' No school! I'm going out to play now.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's a sick day off by Saimun Shahee )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The bridle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- There Are Those, Lyn Paul
- Sympathy, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Wow, Electric Lady
- Ghazal 2, Yasmeen Khan
- Friends No More, Kelly Shanks
- Shine goes, hasmukh amathalal
- Is the lady a tramp?, Israh Sadan
- Late night, Leong Ming Loong
- If Minds Were As Brooks, Richard Blay