Janine Alyssa Navarro
Itâ€™s funny how nothingness takes too long to end
How anticipation speed time.
Itâ€™s funny how weâ€™d want for cries to end
For smiles to never cease.
Itâ€™s funny how promises turn to regret
How surprises become significant.
Itâ€™s funny how love for us ends
When love never really does.
Itâ€™s funny how our defenses crumble
Yet we are strong enough to hope.
Itâ€™s funny how we want dreams to be real
When reality feels like an absolute dream.
Itâ€™s funny how we wish to feel heaven
When being with her/him on earth is greater.
Itâ€™s funny how in darkness we find light
When light exists to rid us of darkness.
Itâ€™s funny how bravely we say goodbye
Only to fear what happens next.
Itâ€™s funny how easily we hate
When its root was all of love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Funny by Janine Alyssa Navarro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones
- COLRS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dog And The Cat, Chris Ekong
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Find Love All Around, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Full stop, Kim StevensFoster