It's too late
So soft she was, as soft as water
that she took anything softly,
So flexible she was
that everything was at her fingertip.
So tough she was, as tough as ice,
tough enough to break in.
She stood for me in my toughest times.
My bad luck stuck me down,
but her courage bounced me back.
So warmth she was, that melt
my stubborn heart with love.
So sweet she was, as sweet as honey
that her smile did wonders for me.
She stood by me in all progress of my life.
She was like a pride in my life
that others felt envy of me.
So strong she was
that she rose higher than me.
A small bit of envy stuck in me.
As she climbed higher and higher
my envy pulled me down from her.
I felt she went away from me,
but too late to realise that
she was just a call away from me.
Just rude words from me
she left me without uttering a word.
I realised it too late my envy played well
and I lost her to my pride.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's too late by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh cut dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar