It's too late
So soft she was, as soft as water
that she took anything softly,
So flexible she was
that everything was at her fingertip.
So tough she was, as tough as ice,
tough enough to break in.
She stood for me in my toughest times.
My bad luck stuck me down,
but her courage bounced me back.
So warmth she was, that melt
my stubborn heart with love.
So sweet she was, as sweet as honey
that her smile did wonders for me.
She stood by me in all progress of my life.
She was like a pride in my life
that others felt envy of me.
So strong she was
that she rose higher than me.
A small bit of envy stuck in me.
As she climbed higher and higher
my envy pulled me down from her.
I felt she went away from me,
but too late to realise that
she was just a call away from me.
Just rude words from me
she left me without uttering a word.
I realised it too late my envy played well
and I lost her to my pride.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's too late by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Brown Penny, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)