It's Your Choice
Without a sense of humor, you’re
defeated from the start,
For you lack the gift that may
give a lift to your sad and hurting
Humor sometimes works like magic
as it turns bad days around;
Changing happenings that seem tragic,
into thoughts where relief is found.
It depends upon the outlook, on the
way you are within,
Whether looking on the dark side
or looking for some cause to grin.
“But”, you say, “my life’s different,
I walk on a pain-strewn path;
I had rather cry or hope to die
than to see a cause to laugh”.
Well, if that’s they way you want it,
If from misery you get your kicks,
There’s a lot more where that came
from, in the Devil’s “bag of tricks”!
Burt Poole's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Your Choice by Burt Poole )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra
- while the stars spin our ferris wheel..., Mandolyn ...
- The anger inside my head, Ben Matthews
- I see love, gajanan mishra
- In My Head, Brianna Kimball
- Choose, Silas Egbowon