Edward Kofi Louis
Arm yourself for war!
For the end is at hand;
And, how shall i make a mends to you?
For the end is at hand.
One belt is for a warrior like Absalom's Statue,
But Yahweh is worthy to be praised;
Iva, life is like a gigantic man with six fingers on each hand;
But you are not to be intoxicated with wine!
Iva, life is like a gigantic man with six toes on each foot;
And merciful and compassionate like,
The god (el) of gold in this war!
But you have the sweet-smelling cinnamon around you,
So arm yourself for war! !
Iva, you have the sweet-smelling cane around you too;
And the end is at hand for all of us but,
Those who sin always are unconfortable with righteousness.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Iva by Edward Kofi Louis )
Did you read them?
- New beginnings, Mary Bone
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
- Let's live in Tokyo, Mark Heathcote
- Second class soul, Liss March
- Yes, I am on this wheel, gajanan mishra
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)