Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
MUCH MORE THAN SPORTS
James Kenneth McManus
September 24,1921 – June 7,2008
We heard the, 'thrill of victory,
and the agony of defeat'
We all knew when he said it
That, we’d be in for a treat.
Through the, 'Wide World Of Sports'
He showed us places, never seen
From the North Pole to the South
And all of those, in between.
He spent years spanning the Globe
And brought us news and sports
And from the Olympics in Munich
He gave us all, those sad reports.
His passion was the sport of kings
Founder of the, 'Maryland Million Day'
His love of horses and their races
Lasting, until his final day.
A legend in the sports industry
But, he left us so much more
Showed, it’s how you play the game
It’s not how much, you score.
This World will be a lesser place
Without his great charm and wit
Yes, he surely will be missed
Much more, than just a little bit.
Del 'Abe' Jones
'Mankind’s greatest accomplishment is not the revolution of technology it is the evolution of creativity ' copyright Del 'Abe' Jones 1984
Del a.k.a. Abe Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jim McKay by Del a.k.a. Abe Jones )
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner