John Masefield's Poems
He was a major writer of his time
John Masefield he penned long stories in rhyme
It can be said of him he was a great
His legacy the genius he did create.
Devoted to his children and his wife
John Masefield made the most out of his life
He lived to the ripe old age of eighty nine
And one might say that he matured like good wine.
His Salt Water Ballads were his ticket to fame
They established his as a legendary literary name
But tis in his longer poems that his genius stands out
And his literary value it goes without doubt.
John Masefield was a man who lived to write
Yet he was far more humble than many a lesser light
The honour of Poet Laureate did not go to his head
Always down to earth a simple life he led.
John Masefield's poems to his greatness testify
And his place in literature of him none can deny
One might say that he came up the hard way
And his poems by lovers of poetry are enjoyed today.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (John Masefield's Poems by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- State Of Terror, Naveed Akram
- صرخة ألم, Sossi Khachadourian
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola