Joy and Anger
Joy is an overwhelming feeling to be happy,
But more, To feel so delighted with God, you see;
It's an awesome happiness, that makes one delighted within,
A life so pleased and coping cause God's taken away their sin.
Anger is a time of hurts, and feelings of terrible fury,
That you just see everything negative, one's mind is blurry;
It gets one so mad at everyone who'll disagree with you,
And all you do, is to get into a tether, and end in a stew.
Joy is like a rainbow, such beauty and glowing for all to see,
It makes one laugh, To feel delighted at the smallest bee;
It's a gift from the Lord, That remains with you to share,
And when you think it's enough, there's plenty always to spare.
Anger will get one down, it's like a black cloud that won't go away,
But if we don't deal with it, anger will be in your subconscious to stay;
Anger can cause one to bring much strife more than you need,
So please deal with it first, go to God, and certainly plead.
margaret haig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Joy and Anger by margaret haig )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran