just a Piece of cake
i look at her an silently i know the fate,
of the black forest strawberry cake as she pulls the plate,
closer to her beautiful self.
gently... more so delicately she holds the fork
and i cant take my eyes off-
her immaculate fingers as they tighten on the fork's shaft,
with necessary force she drives the fork into the cake- she smiles to herself.
i look as she brings it closer to her mouth-
a series of events unfold:
her eyelids meet as she closes her eyes
reviling a beautiful shade of blue eye Shadow
her mouth opens- involuntarily showing off her pearly white teeth,
and her supple lips tenderly caress the tip of the fork,
as the cake lands on her velvety tongue
and her mouth welcomes the chunk of chocolate and cream,
the rest is all like a dream:
its all a series of take and break as she chews on the on the piece of cake.
her face looks flashed as she opens her gem like brown eyes- chocolate rush.
then suddenly her eyes dilate in surprise as her pearly whites meet the straw berry hidden in whipped cream...
she blushes when she notices that I've been staring all along.
i smile back!
silently admitting to myself that never have i witnessed a sight more gloriously right,
than watching her per take of just a piece of cake!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (just a Piece of cake by Barak Al'Mondia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- San Jose Hills in My Thoughts, Natasa Tocuc
- Be found in elevations high, Mark Heathcote
- Children, Varghese J Kuttikat
- A Song For Mortals, Varghese J Kuttikat
- More of a Sufferer than a Sinner, Varghese J Kuttikat
- Prayer of a Tree, Bill Cantrell
- COPLA SESENTA Y UNO: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Niagara, Nassy Fesharaki
- ADEEB QUDSI, THE GREAT MEMORY اديب قدسي .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purposeful Truths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak