Shelley L Baxter
*********** Just for today...
Just for today I will start my day the right way
Just for today I will pray on my knees
Just for today I will be thankful for all my treasures
Just for today I will lean more into His understanding.
Just for today I will be confidant and share my heart
Just for today I will not be afraid
Just for today I will Love myself unconditionally
just for today I will extend grace to all I know.
Just for today I will be BOLD and Courageous
Just for today I will share my hopes and dreams
Just for today I will listen to others as well...
and just for today I will help others succeed.
Just for today I will accept myself for who I am
Just for today I will work on my gifts...and
Just for today I will extend a hand to a fellow man
Just for today I will know God put me on this earth to Give.
Written July 9 2008
Shelley L Baxter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*********** Just for today... by Shelley L Baxter )
- Birthday Years, Greta Bellamacina
- When Hope Becomes A Prayer, Savita Tyagi
- So the Ancients say...., Savita Tyagi
- Thank and wish, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbye The Day, Pijush Biswas
- ~Oneness ~, Aftab Alam
- Random Thought lX, Savita Tyagi
- The Little Robin Flew, Rohan Nath
- Such contacts, hasmukh amathalal
- You hold my soul, Amit Radha Krishna Nigam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(15 April 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Indira Renganathan
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(23 September 1783 – 13 April 1824)