Shelley L Baxter
*********** Just for today...
Just for today I will start my day the right way
Just for today I will pray on my knees
Just for today I will be thankful for all my treasures
Just for today I will lean more into His understanding.
Just for today I will be confidant and share my heart
Just for today I will not be afraid
Just for today I will Love myself unconditionally
just for today I will extend grace to all I know.
Just for today I will be BOLD and Courageous
Just for today I will share my hopes and dreams
Just for today I will listen to others as well...
and just for today I will help others succeed.
Just for today I will accept myself for who I am
Just for today I will work on my gifts...and
Just for today I will extend a hand to a fellow man
Just for today I will know God put me on this earth to Give.
Written July 9 2008
Shelley L Baxter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*********** Just for today... by Shelley L Baxter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis