Water washes over me
pushing me further down.
I keep trying to stay afloat
afraid one day I'll drown.
Someday life will get easier
for us, I'm sure it will.
Just now it feels like we are pushing
dead weight up dead-man's hill.
I love to know we're in it
together till the end.
No matter how much stress we have
We'll always be best friends.
My partner, lover, but mostly friend.
You are my everything.
When I am tired and can't stand up
that's when you whisper in my ear...
Thank you for your strength.
Mary Nagy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Trying by Mary Nagy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Love You..!, SAK Reddy
- Into Depths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You will find, hasmukh amathalal
- Bale Visions, Adeosun Olamide
- The good theme, hasmukh amathalal
- Whatever The Outcome, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I'm Scared Without You, Michael P. McParland
- Stars, Jordan Myrie
- farewell; to the lost love, ademola oluwabusayo
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland