Water washes over me
pushing me further down.
I keep trying to stay afloat
afraid one day I'll drown.
Someday life will get easier
for us, I'm sure it will.
Just now it feels like we are pushing
dead weight up dead-man's hill.
I love to know we're in it
together till the end.
No matter how much stress we have
We'll always be best friends.
My partner, lover, but mostly friend.
You are my everything.
When I am tired and can't stand up
that's when you whisper in my ear...
Thank you for your strength.
Mary Nagy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Trying by Mary Nagy )
- Early union, hasmukh amathalal
- EXTRA FOR BREAKFAST, Terry Collett
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Alan W. Jankowski
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 February 1970-)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)