Yes, i was just killing time,
killing time till i meet you finally.
Now, why would i waste any time,
when i have you in my heart and with me.
Why would i let a moment go by,
without saying i love you a thousand times?
And to hold you close, why wouldn't i,
and to write you a poem with beautiful ryhmes.
I was wating time by days,
and nights thinking that i fall in love.
Never thought to fall always,
for some thing true from heaven's above.
And you were always there,
i wonder how i couldn't see.
That i love and i truely care,
and you are the only one for me.
I was writing poems in vain,
i was misleading my own heart.
And slowly i was going insane,
all was before our story's start.
I was killing time,
killing time till we meet.
Your heart is mine,
and for you my heart'll beat.
For you only are the words of love ,
and for you those words have a meaning.
With you i see angels above,
and life is more beautiful than dreaming.
I found that time goes,
very fast when i'm with you.
In each minute my love grows,
how can i ever live without you?
I heard the beat,
and i saw the sign.
I knew that till we meet,
i was just killing time.
Eman Awad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Killing time by Eman Awad )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- My Hometown, Ray Hansell
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra