Sulaimon Afolabi Banjoko
We kill at every step,
not only in wars,
riots and executions,
We kill when we closes our eyes to poverty, suffering and share.
In the same way all disrespect for life,
all hardheartedness, all disregardness,
all contempt’s is nothing else than killing.
With just a little witty scepticism
we can kill a good deal of the future in a young person.
Life is waiting everywhere,
the future is flowering everywhere,
but we only see a small part of it
and step on much of it with out feet.
Sulaimon Afolabi Banjoko's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Killing by Sulaimon Afolabi Banjoko )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock
- done, laxami Cards
- Poetry: You, Laijon Liu