My labels have a voice
They have a name, they have a place within my chest
They have a throbbing beat, a heat, an intensity
Each of them burns behind my ribcage
Perhaps they are the caged bird that sings
But if only I could make the world understand this:
I had a dream that I was a ragdoll and that
My friends unpicked every label sewn into me
And there was nothing underneath.
It wasn't true.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Labels by Mina Harker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro