I heard them sigh in the howling of the wind
For another day that slipped its way through their fingers.
It was dark then.
The world was covered with ashes.
Now things are different, and time is the only thing left that hasn't been bought, sold, traded, invented, invested, ingested, remodelled, remarketed, explored, contorted, extorted, distorted and tweeted about.
No. There's nothing we can do about it escaping out the gaps and cracks in the windows into the night sky.
So we follow it with our eyes, and trip over when the light dies.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blackout by Mina Harker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath