I heard them sigh in the howling of the wind
For another day that slipped its way through their fingers.
It was dark then.
The world was covered with ashes.
Now things are different, and time is the only thing left that hasn't been bought, sold, traded, invented, invested, ingested, remodelled, remarketed, explored, contorted, extorted, distorted and tweeted about.
No. There's nothing we can do about it escaping out the gaps and cracks in the windows into the night sky.
So we follow it with our eyes, and trip over when the light dies.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blackout by Mina Harker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- City, Indira Renganathan
- FLAME STILL BURNS, Rafique Farooqi
- The Cowards Of The World, Kenneth Winstanley
- A voice from beneath the Earth!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Of All Those, Luis Estable
- I Like It There, Luis Estable
- Rains, Rimni chakravarty
- My Surprise, Luis Estable
- Untitled, Jervin Timothy
- The Photo, Kenneth Winstanley