That I am treading on now,
That is woken by the south in the spring.
I do not know this land - my land,
This land, forgive me for saying: Is somebody else's!
I head out early.
Along a factory road
Countless workers clothes swarm together.
We are merged into one heart, one mind,
But this country... is not mine!
Above my land,
Splendor is reflected
Waterfalls storm from the radiant Sun.
You feel it close to your heart,
And watch as endless rows of flowers blossom.
Above my land,
Up to the skies
The pines chant Ilinden stories in a chorus.
Above Ohrid, the azure blends into the space,
And further beneath, rainbows are glistening as one on the Aegean.
I will recall,
And the blood will rush to
My heart, melting into some kind of gentleness....
My birth place! A place so beautiful....
Mothered in storms,
Nursed with blood amid fierce blizzards.
Along Belassitza wire-nets...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Land by Nikola Vaptsarov )
- A happy farmer family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
- O For a Thousand Tongues, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)