Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Last Love [Canzone]
Love hath a chamber all of imagery;
And there is one dim nook,
A little storied web wherein my heart
From leaf to leaf is read as in a book.
One part in the middle of the web begun and left unfinished;
a face with ravelled threads falling over it and hiding it. Love says
that the time has come to resume and finish this part of the web,
though much has come between since it was begun.
For the garlands of heaven were all laid by,
And the Daylight sucked at the breasts of a Lie.
The wounded heart and the dying swan
Were side by side
Where the rushes coil with the turn of the tide—
The hart and the swan.
Withinthose eyes the sedulous yearning throe,
And all the evil of my heart
A thousand times forgotten.
Ah if you had been lost for many years,
And from the dead to-day were risen again!
Dante Gabriel Rossetti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last Love [Canzone] by Dante Gabriel Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ask me, Igor Adashkevich
- Lengu i limonit, skender iljaz braka
- Larguar si djali prangprishes, skender iljaz braka
- Lagja ime e vjeter, skender iljaz braka
- Kurbatka, skender iljaz braka
- Love Restrained, Sangnam Nam
- Kur theva nje enderr, skender iljaz braka
- Unconditional Love, alexander thor cirera
- Kur te kthehesh nje dite, skender iljaz braka
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka