Learning from mistakes
I have finally come to the place
Where things can come off the shelf
So I can try to learn from mistakes
And not be so hard on myself.
I no longer need to be opaque
It's time for me to see
That my failures and past mistakes
Do not label me.
No longer trusting what used to assure
Sorting out things that will last
Mistakes filter out what really endures
Permitting to learn from the past.
I know life has its ups and downs
I can't help things don't go to plan
But mistakes no longer bring 'that frown'
Now that I know who I am.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Learning from mistakes by Peter Hall )
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal