Leaving The People Who Are Not Honest In Mind!
Seeing people who don’t live on food
…by borrowing is fine!
Getting rid of the women – wives –
..who are not chaste is fine!
Leaving with fear of the people
…who are not honest in mind is very fine
than other virtues!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Leaving the people who are not honest in mind! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Iniyavai naaRpathu'
கடமுண்டு வாழாமை காண்டல் இனிதே
நிறைமாண்பில் பெண்டிரை நீக்கல் இனிதே
மனமாண்பி லாதவரை யஞ்சி யகறல்
எனைமாண்புந் தான்இனிது நன்கு.10 இனியவை நாற்பது
Comments about this poem (Leaving The People Who Are Not Honest In Mind! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
- Performing To Do Well, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wear a Cons Smile, Kevin Patrick
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)