Max D. Hornbogen
Left Me With Nothing
Left me with nothing, you are the part of me that kills me every time.
You see your own self standing out to the ledge, waiting for something to happen?
Well I have nothing for you or me, take what you must but leave me alone.
Don't see what's ahead of me, someone has the taken the wheel for me?
Let me be the one to tell you that everything is not ok, I am sick and tired of always telling you everything. Feels like I am always chained to something?
Put me in a place where I can be with me, somewhere I can think out loud.
I can't contain my voice in anymore.
I need some room to breath, so let me be for while…I wish you were there to talk to me.
I know you are a phone call, but it seems you have better things to do then to talk to me.
So many thoughts that dwell within me, but all I can do is to put them into lines.
Sometimes I feel like I am at war with myself, just want some things to end?
April 25th 2012
Max D. Hornbogen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left Me With Nothing by Max D. Hornbogen )
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 March 1941 -)
Michael P. McParland
(July 19 1983)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai
- Feeling Your Spirit, Michael P. McParland
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey