Syed Ahmed Shah
‘If you eat this you will be brave and strong like a leopard'
Said the superstitious villager offering his son a portion
Of the leopard flesh enthusiastically cooked by his wife.
‘But father, I don't want to become a leopard' -said the son,
‘If I become one, I will have nothing to eat and
Nowhere to go; people will chase me and kill me'.
© Syed Ahmed Shah, Bokultol, Guwahati, the 7th of April,2012
Syed Ahmed Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LEOPARD MAN by Syed Ahmed Shah )
- They Say, Rachel Glassman
- Do Not Wait For The Morrow, Rachel Glassman
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)