Letter To A Son (Part I)
Be strong. Courage is not bravery, but they're both birds of a feather.
The future is bright, but intelligence is the flash light to see it better.
Take the good with a smile; Take the bad with a frown.
Pretend not to be happy when sad; don't act up when you're down.
Have faith in your ability, believe in your strength.
Don't go along with the crowd mentality, but cautiously follow the trends.
Fall in love. Play in its childish mud of hope.
But remember, love is not everlast; the mud is sweet, but every child grows.
Take care not to hurt a dear one with your words,
Apologies are accepted, but like strangers, it doesn't mean they're welcomed.
Take care not to break the heart of a girl who loves you.
For a womans love runs deep, it's sacrificial and very true.
But...i've also seen the downside of loving too much.
The pain sticks...maybe forever,
But rest assured, no one is far from its touch.
For even Yahweh is subject to a broken heart,
Because choice is a whore; use her as you please...
And take a path.
Take a path...time waits for no one, not even for the dead.
So i end this with a fatherly kiss to your forehead.
Good night my son, sleep well...
...From your father who cares.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Letter To A Son (Part I) by Mifa words )
- WHY DID YOU COME THEN, kunjubi varghese
- Remembering J.K.2, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Pure world, gajanan mishra
- Destruction, Suresh Dogra
- CLOUDS, Orlando Belo
- The Masked Man, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Night Is Young, Katherine Nordhaus
- You are seen clearly (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Remembering J.K, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Courting!, RAJESH.C BOSE
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)