I Know Nothing
I know that after a couple of years
Memories might just be all i have.
I know that to some silent tears,
Tomorrow might just be days of laughs.
I know everything is cosmically symmetric;
I know of the balance.
I know that bad comes next to good,
And masters someday become servants.
I know that love is an atheist.
I know that love has faith.
And i know that love is not an only child,
I know her sibling is hate.
I know that beauty is beautiful.
I know that ugly is fair.
I know all good things come to an end,
But i know nothing ends here.
I know people judge me always,
I know i too do same and judge people.
And i would never take anothers life,
But i know in me dwells the fangs of evil.
I know this and i know that,
And i also know the colour of gold.
But my heart is still burdened,
Because there's something i do not know.
And i feel awkward when i say that...
I do not know what i don't know.
...I know nothing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Know Nothing by Mifa words )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Get Dirty, Buddy Bee Anthony
- I Never, Sergi Dutronc
- Love for everyone, Andy Sayasone
- Storage Unit Auction, Saiom Shriver
- Space Framed Beauty, Saiom Shriver
- Unhealthy Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Miracle Making, Saiom Shriver
- Purpose, Passion, Faith & Love, Tom Zart
- Death Or Life, Saiom Shriver
- Discovery, Phil Soar