Letters Of The Unliving
The present implies presence
unauthorized by the present
these letters are left authorless --
have lost all origin
since the inscribing hand
The harshness of the past
from creased leaves
covered with unwritten writing
since death's erasure
of the writer --
erased the lover
Well-chosen and so ill-relinquished
the husband heartsease --
acme of communion --
our esoteric universe.
Ego's oasis now's
the sole companion.
My body and my reason
you left to the drought of your dying:
the longing and the lack
of a racked creature
to an unanswering hiatus
patience creeps up on passion
and the elation of youth
dwindles out of season.
ends in an equal grave
An uneasy mist
rises from this calligraphy of recollection
documenting a terror of dementia.
This package of ago
creaks with the horror of echo.
The bloom of love
to decay by the finger
of Hazard the swindler --
deathly handler who leaves
no post-mortem mask
but a callous earth.
Posing the extreme enigma
in my Bewilderness
can your face excelling Adonis
have ceased to be
or ever have had existence?
With you no longer the addresser
there is no addressee
to dally with defunct reality.
Can one who still has being
I am become
to your dead language of amor.
of life's imposture
implies no possible retrial
by my present self --
beshadowing your shroud.
The one I was with you:
inhumed in chasms.
to shine as birth-star.
But to my sub-cerebral surprise
at last on blase sorrow
dawns an iota of disgust
for life's intemperance:
'As once you were'
Withhold your ghostly reference
to the sweet once were we.
my final illiteracy
of memory's languor --
to drift in lenient coma
an older Ophelia
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letters Of The Unliving by Mina Loy )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Always well, hasmukh amathalal
- Poem N1, Kristian Djordjanov
- You're So Amazing, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Sans struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Oranges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emperor Of Clouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sequitur, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Guitars Whose Chords Move, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Missing Man of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey