Life Is Truly Like A Stage
If we filmed all our lives,
Would people watch us as we cry,
Would people listen to our lies,
Would people sorrow as we die?
If our stories were to be told,
Would people let the stories unfold,
Would people notice us be so bold,
Would people love us as we grow?
If our lives were to intertwine,
Would people drink it as a wine,
Would people lurk as we shine,
Would people sit as we dine?
If we had a song to sing,
Would people listen to everything,
Would people know our love is like a ring,
Would people know you are my queen?
If we all had an undying love,
Would people let it fly like a dove,
Would people turn to the gods above,
Would people know of our true love?
If I had one thing to give,
Would people know your love is why I live,
Would people know the joy, to me, you give,
Would people know for your love I'd jump a cliff?
If you had one thing to take,
It would be my soul so great,
Now that people know my fate,
It is that my love for you came too late.
Matthew Jenkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Is Truly Like A Stage by Matthew Jenkins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A God-Game..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- job hunting (in our household), lee fones
- The Seasons Within Us, Melissa Furey
- Writer's Block, Roilynn brown
- About The Scriptures, Margaret Moran
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- My Good Heart, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman