A life-time is not what's between,
The moments of birth and death,
but between my two deep breaths;
A life-time is one moment between
lub-dub of heart beats, or between
flip flop of eye lids... ever keen;
seeing 'n' feeling, opening 'n' closing eyes,
at times time fail to limit the life.
when the present, the here, the now,
That's all the life I get,
I live each moment in full,
In kindness, in peace, without regret.
when I split past, present and future,
more I expect from life, than I get,
anger, envy, pride and desire, regret,
whole span I can't live a moment
life fail to withstand time's assault !
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life-Time by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov