like a bird
I wanna fly away,
To a place where I can be free.
To say what I want to say,
And love will come to me.
I want to go to my own heaven,
Where peace and love will be real.
And trust someone from within,
No playing games and no deals.
I want to keep my head up,
So I can be carried high.
To not hear the sighs, lies, and sad good-byes.
'I will never foresake,
Or hurt you in any way.
Please, don't make me beg or take,
I really want to say another way.'
'I don't want to do this again,
You have to leave me now.
You are insane,
And you bring me down.'
'Please, I'll do better.'
'I can't trust you again.'
I don't want to deal with this,
To the point I dont want to believe in love.
I know I'll miss,
But I want to go to a place above.
I want to fly like a bird,
To a place high in the sky.
Where I can be heard,
As the fallen angel that dropped by.
I wannna fly like a bird,
Carry me high.
Take me to the sky,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (like a bird by samantha macmillan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra