Louisa Stuart Costello
Lines.—I cannot sleep
I cannot sleep—my nights glide on
In one unbroken thought of thee;
And when the gloomy shades are gone,
I start the dawning light to see.
And as I watch the rising morn
Gain slowly o'er the yielding sky,
And mark another day new born,
That glows so brightly—yet must die—
I think how all the hopes we cherish
As transient, though as bright, will be;
And frailest of the hopes that perish
Were mine, that told of love and thee!
Louisa Stuart Costello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lines.—I cannot sleep by Louisa Stuart Costello )
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah
- Life is on Rent, Aftab Alam
- Venus, Naveed Khalid
- BEHIND THAT WALL, ROCHISH MON