Lines on A.B
Who was expected to attend a Banquet given by the Odd fellows
in London nearly thirty years ago. Several of the London Brethern
were asking for Brother Abel.
When we went down to London in midst of the champaign
A brother looked at me as though I had been Cain,
And in a voice of thunder, as I sat at the table,
He fiercely asked of me 'where is your Brother Abel?'
To which I did reply 'I'm not my brother's keeper,
But at home you'll find him, in his bed asleep, sir.'
James McIntyre's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lines on A.B by James McIntyre )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Newbie, Savita Tyagi
- Is That A Virtues Woman?, John Ugolo Umah
- थांनानै था आरो थांनानै थानो हो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Carrying titles, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If Heaven Was For..., John Ugolo Umah
- City Of Abomination, John Ugolo Umah
- History Of Death!, John Ugolo Umah
- Sweet Misery, Monica Shs
- lavender and roadkill, Ben Paynter
- Is mother universal, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.