Lions of Freedom
Two lion cubs, their parents were smuggled through
a tunnel so the oppressed people could have a zoo.
This little enclave that has shore lines, but cannot use
the sea, which their tormentors claim for themselves.
The lion cubs have become the hope for the future of
people who, despite the tyrant´s effort to make their
country ghastly as the ghetto of Warsaw; they shall
overcome. The cubs will one day grow big and strong,
break free of their cages when the enemy is beaten.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lions of Freedom by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...