Lions of Freedom
Two lion cubs, their parents were smuggled through
a tunnel so the oppressed people could have a zoo.
This little enclave that has shore lines, but cannot use
the sea, which their tormentors claim for themselves.
The lion cubs have become the hope for the future of
people who, despite the tyrant´s effort to make their
country ghastly as the ghetto of Warsaw; they shall
overcome. The cubs will one day grow big and strong,
break free of their cages when the enemy is beaten.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lions of Freedom by oskar hansen )
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma