Like wary leaves
secrets fall. Here and there aces
trumping the lawn.
where they touch down
there will be good sleeping weather.
In the blue snows, crows
glint like brittle coals-
chatter their inverse alphabet
filling the slips with boats
befriended by ropes, that rock
backwards and aft.
in honor of your delusion
fixed like a gold nose to a marble face-
decorous, but pointless.
I visit you with Dean.
You are home- green
wedge of amity!
but like a room
too full of furniture
I keep bumping my knees on your words.
target pursued by arrows-
a pure cause insures only a random outcome.
through whom all faults are neutralized
temporarily, where are you?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Litany by Morgan Michaels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- SUPER LOVER~~ Michael Mcparland! ! ! !, Mr. Nobody
- Solid Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fallen flower, hasmukh amathalal
- We all cry, hasmukh amathalal
- Innate Supply Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mystical Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fighting, Dark Guardian
- I Like My Lips Against Yours, Is It Poetry
- Sound Of India, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Best Test, John Shea