Robert William Service
Wars have been and wars will be
Till the human race is run;
Battles red by land and sea,
Never peace beneath the sun.
I am old and little care;
I'll be cold, my lips be dumb:
Brother mine, beware, beware . . .
Evil looms the wrath to come.
Eastern skies are dark with strife,
Western lands are stark with fear;
Rumours of world-war are rife,
Armageddon draweth near.
If your carcase you would save,
Hear, oh hear, the dreadful drum!
Fly to forest, cower in cave . . .
Brother, heed the wrath to come!
Brother, you were born too late;
Human life is but a breath.
Men delve deep, where darkly wait
Sinister the seeds of death,
There's no moment to delay;
Sorrowing the stars are blind.
Little Brother, how I pray
You may sanctuary find.
Peoples of the world succumb . . .
Fly, poor fools, the WRATH TO COME!
Robert William Service's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Brother by Robert William Service )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Poem for My Father, Virgil Suárez
- The Psalmist, After Johnny Cash's 'Oh Bu.., Virgil Suárez
- A bitter truth, Emmanuel chibuike
- E-rated poemier-driven, Elvis Airohi
- Dying Light, Marius Carstens
- kojo the devil, Emmanuel chibuike
- E-rated poemier-Someone who stole, Elvis Airohi
- A Thank You Note, Emily Liang
- ~ Lonely ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Sunshine, Emily Liang