Little Flower of Forest
I am a little flower of deep forest
I do ever blossom, never take rest.
I am a flower of garden of God,
I am a beloved one, ever secret pod.
I grow on muddy, sandy sod,
I raise my head, never fall in nod.
I am covered with petals of wad,
I am never worried for a clod.
I grow up with my own care
Do not know fragrance, goes truly where.
Nobody stands near, I do not stare
While wind blows I twist in fair.
I do sit in the lap of green forest
I do never stay in state of sorest.
I am a flower in garden and smallest,
Tiny soul although I am, still I am strongest.
I do not think back at all my trod,
In wind I do write, I do new prod.
Among flowers I do try to be softest,
My voice is sweet never it is hoarsest.
Pintu Mahakul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Little Flower of Forest by Pintu Mahakul )
Did you read them?
- Ginkgo tree - a haiku, Susy Evelyne
- Corrective measure, hasmukh amathalal
- My Path to Self-Discovery, Deborah Eker
- Besides a star, gajanan mishra
- You Cried Last Night, Cigeng Zhang
- At Least Honesty Remained, Rohit Sapra
- THIS AUTUMN, Satish Verma
- खुशियाँ गौने से पहले ही... (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Fish Remains, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Is Still Alive, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)