Who Am I?
'Who am I? Why am I so shy?
Why do I want to know? why do I look upon sky?
From where have I come? Where have I to go?
Oh dear beloved travellers in temples why do you bow? '
Who are you all? Have you ever asked?
Within the body of soil why have you masked?
Why is your drama fixed on earth?
Why do we feel pain and why do we take birth?
Who can answer? Who am I and who are you all?
Why are some dwarf and why are some tall?
Why do we gather? why do we bother?
Why do we unite and who is a stranger?
Why do we dream? Why do we hold hopes and pleasure?
Why do we need rest and think of leisure?
Why are all running? where are they going?
O dear brothers, please answer me as snowing.
Why is one cruel? Why is one kind?
Why does air blow and refresh human mind?
Why have we come and what is our vision?
'Who am I, ' all should ask themselves and know the reason.
Pintu Mahakul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Pintu Mahakul )
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash