Who Am I?
'Who am I? Why am I so shy?
Why do I want to know? why do I look upon sky?
From where have I come? Where have I to go?
Oh dear beloved travellers in temples why do you bow? '
Who are you all? Have you ever asked?
Within the body of soil why have you masked?
Why is your drama fixed on earth?
Why do we feel pain and why do we take birth?
Who can answer? Who am I and who are you all?
Why are some dwarf and why are some tall?
Why do we gather? why do we bother?
Why do we unite and who is a stranger?
Why do we dream? Why do we hold hopes and pleasure?
Why do we need rest and think of leisure?
Why are all running? where are they going?
O dear brothers, please answer me as snowing.
Why is one cruel? Why is one kind?
Why does air blow and refresh human mind?
Why have we come and what is our vision?
'Who am I, ' all should ask themselves and know the reason.
Pintu Mahakul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Pintu Mahakul )
Did you read them?
- Some poets are there, gajanan mishra
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)