Sitting on a big chair
swinging round and round around a round table
bending to and fro luxuriously
having all the courage of life
and the riches of the earth
What amount will purchase a soul?
even strength enough won't be
A heart is heart when full of blood
A soul is a soul with harmony and charity
Can one tell the price of humanity?
yelling to and hurting the poor
is what the rich do?
Disturbing peace for the fulfillment of anger
and the need to be feared
An empty soul is as poor as dead
dead from the beginning of it's creation
even the rich and the poor meet in this
though under the sun
the distinction is done
What's the secret point of money and courage?
without peace, humanity and happiness?
the difference between love and strength?
What about the creator and faith?
Maybe the answers are within one's reach
or we are blinded from the truth
May the creator save our souls! !
Nina Joseph's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Shadow by Nina Joseph )
- THOUSAND MOONS, Satish Verma
- Where Larkspur Have The Purple Winds Gat.., mary douglas
- Rising For Another Day, Michael McParland
- The head, gajanan mishra
- Tobacco use, hasmukh amathalal
- Mystery of love, Chiazo Egbukwu
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)