Some enjoy a Goya
They could stare one down all day
Some find Rembrandt transcendent
Some put stock in Klee
Or happily ogle Turners
(though I find him a little vague)
Or one of a dozen 'Van-ders'
In the Kunst Halls of the Hague.
Some find Friedrich fetching
Or tilt for Tiepolo
Others still more bi-ching
Some see nothing to pardon
In many of Chardin's things
And a trip to Monet's garden
Lends many viewers wings.
Some claim Bosch is best
Or Breughel, be it young or old
Many for Klimmt will stimmt
While others find him cold.
But I really like Longhi
And I more or less confess
I really do like Longhi
For me, Longhi's best.
Maybe he's not the greatest
Painter, of all times
But I really, really like him
Longhi rings my chimes.
Maybe you cream for El Greco
Or poor, insane Van Gogh
Or one of those French guys, maybe,
From the oh, so Rococo.
Or maybe a fete gallante
From a palette of Watteau
Or maybe it's Durer you prefer
Or some such English fellow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longhi by Morgan Michaels )
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., Nicholas Campbell
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)